Some recommended reading

Aside from the folks we routinely discuss (Gruber, Kottke, Zeldman, JSM, etc.), here are a few folks I have enjoyed reading recently. I included some Twitter accounts too.

Andy Clarke
Started following Andy, an iconic web standards pro, about a month ago when he shared very thoughtful posts about web typography. He also posted Universal Internet Explorer 6 CSS, which is pretty cool.

Mandy Brown
I had seen Mandy’s blog once or twice before, but I remembered her because I had seen her in a forum recently and when I revisited A Working Library it had been beautifully redesigned. I read some, and I have continued to read. The blog does look good, but I subscribe for the writing.

Jonathan Christopher
Trying this feed out for a while. His posts are long, but pretty good. He talks about process a lot, and seems to look at everything from the ground up, and that’s an interesting perspective.

Justin Talbott
Trying this feed out for a while. This guy’s posts are more succinct. Sorta bookmarky, and on the technical side. It’s quite good. If he keeps sharing and sharing, that’ll be something.

Webfonts.info from Ralf Hermann
Ralf is very in tune with web typography and aware of bothW3C happenings and opinions on Typophile.

Joshua Porter
Josh Porter is a genius. For me, he’s in a category with folks like Brian Oberkirch, Chris Messina, and Clay Shirky. If you follow him seeking an occasional dose of forward thinking, you will not be disappointed.

WaSP InterAct
“A living, open curriculum based upon web standards and best practices.” Not sure about this yet, but it looked too good not to follow.

SVA Interaction Design
A bunch of web folks in New York are teaching at SVA, starting this fall. Keeping an eye on this program.